Service Update: Computer Appointments
July 7, 2020 Update
Starting July 8th public computer appointments will be available for customers at our Jess Hann and Northview Branches, followed by the McLaughlin Branch on Monday, July 13th. Each computer appointment will be a maximum of 45 minutes. Printers and photocopiers will also be available by appointment only. Due to physical distancing restrictions, availability is limited.
Before entering the Library, customers will complete a COVID-19 screening, and are required to practice safe physical distancing, proper hand hygiene, and wear a non-medical face mask or face covering while in the Library. Computer stations will be cleaned between appointments.
Find more information about the mandatory use of non-medical masks and face coverings issued by Durham Region’s Medical Officer of Health under the authority of Ontario Regulation 263/20 – Stage 2 Closures s.4(2) of the provincial Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act (EMCPA) here.
You may book your computer appointment in person, or by calling 905-579-6111:
- Jess Hann Branch - ext. 5860
- Northview Branch - ext. 5871
- McLaughlin Branch - ext. 5200
Please note that the Library remains closed to the public with the exception of computer appointments. If you would like to borrow from the Library, you may place holds through the catalogue on our website or call 905-579-6111 ext. 5200 and we will contact you to schedule a pick-up time through our Take-Out service.
June 17, 2020 Update
Oshawa Public Libraries is now offering Library take-out service. This service is available at all Oshawa Public Libraries branches Mondays to Fridays 2-6 pm, and Saturdays 10 am - 2 pm.
To request Library items you will place holds on them. For instructions on how to place a hold click here.
To pick up your Library items, here’s what you’ll need to know:
- When your request is ready, a staff member will contact you to make an appointment for pick-up and provide easy pick-up instructions
- At the pre-arranged time and Library branch, you will be asked to show your Library card. Your items will then be placed on a table in a designated spot located immediately outside the Library for a safe, quick, contactless pick-up
External Book Return Chutes are open at all locations. Staff will not accept library materials directly from customers at this time.
Please note at this time, there will be no public access to Library buildings and we are unable to accept book donations.
- You can explore our online resources, ebooks and audiobooks, unlimited music streaming, TV series, movies, research and learning tools and so much more through Oshawa Public Libraries website.
- Don’t have a library card? Call us at 905-579-6111 ext 5200 and we’ll get you set up with a new library card today!
- Get important Library updates straight to your inbox. Visit oshlib.ca/enews to register.
Oshawa Public Libraries continues to regularly monitor Durham Region Health Department communications. Should the situation change in Oshawa, further updates and responses will be made available on our website to ensure we are keeping you informed.
For the most current information on COVID-19 in our area and for what you can do to be proactive, how to protect yourself and to help stop the spread of germs, visit the Durham Region Health Department’s Novel Coronavirus page
For current information about COVID-19 in Canada, visit Health Canada’s Coronavirus disease outbreak page
For COVID-19 information around the world, visit the World Health Organization’s Coronavirus disease outbreak page